Saturday, September 22

the sign is down

Moments ago, I watched as a rugged man parked his truck in front of my house. He got out and proceded to take the For Sale sign out of my yard. Six months ago today, that same man put the sign in my yard.
I cannot express to you how sad I am. All of our friends here keep saying how happy they are. Perhaps they feel they are being kind, but each time they say it, it kind of pierces me. I really wish I were in Kansas right now. This has been a long 6 months.

update: Thank you for all of your sweet comments! I feel so badly for being such a whiner...but, then again, it is my blog. :) Anyway, I am feeling much better. Saturday was just a hard day. I do love Mansfield, especially all of our wonderful friends and will enjoy the time we still have here. It may be a while, the thought of showing the house again is a bit nauseating!

5 comments:

  1. For your sake, cause I know what that feels like, you timing will come true. You belong where your heart is, and I will still come visit you in Kansas, promise.. you will get there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry April. I know what it's like to want to be at home. You'll get there- maybe next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry this has been so hard for you. It is just hard for us to see someone like you leave. WE LOVE YOU to pieces and want you to stay with us, but we also want you to be happy and have every desire of your heart fulfilled. It will happen. You will be in Kansas before you know it. You will be glad it happened when it did. Next time your house is up for sale I will pray for it to sell this time. Sorry I didn't do that before. Just think of it as a few more months of memory making with the Mansfield gang.
    Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't you go bust a move on that man... kick him... punch him... whatever!! I know you couldn't do that-- wasn't really him you were upset with :) I appreciate the feelings of wanting to be closer to home. We have now been gone for 11 years. Your time will come.

    ReplyDelete