Thursday, December 6

just say no

Things have been a little crazy here at the Francom home for the past few weeks. (some might say it is always crazy!) The final craft show is over and there are only a couple of orders left to finish and deliver. Aaaaaah.
I am very proud of myself for saying "no" today. For some reason, my name gets passed around at the kids school as the person to call who is "crafty and creative." Yes, I love to do crafts/projects, but I am rarely creative.
Anyway...someone called to ask me to do a time consuming sewing project "for the kids." She wanted me to embellish a snowman costume that someone would be wearing at the school to deliver holiday grams. I explained that I was just too busy to help and that she should consider using a hot glue gun and some buttons. (I didn't say it that way!) I feel badly, because I do love to help, but this project did not seem worthy of my time and the time it would take away from my kids.
It is hard to say no, but I am so happy that I did!
On another note, I got some great deals at Goodwill today! I finally found a nice punch bowl with matching glasses! This will be perfect for the next brunch or baby shower that I host. Of course, I'm not sure when that will be. :) I also got some more books. My favorite find, though, was a desk for Alexandra! She desperately needs her own space for homework, play writing, etc. It is old and slightly beat up, but with a fresh coat of paint and some new hardware, it will be a great Christmas present! Shhhh! Don't tell! Perhaps I will post a picture after I have finished the makeover.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to say no.. its hard this time of year, but your time is precious.. I am proud of you!! Can't wait to see the desk pictures.. I am sure it will turn out fab!!!

    ReplyDelete