Sunday, December 14

first band concert



Here is Alexandra right after her first band concert! She did such a great job! She plays the flute - she didn't want to get her instrument back out. We are so proud of her. She just started playing in August. Several members in her flute class take private lessons in addition to school band, but Alexandra doesn't. I was worried that she might be at a disadvantage. I shouldn't have worried...she is 2nd chair!
I impressed my children that night by taking them to my old friend's website. She is an accomplished flutist. www.jessicawarren.com (you should go listen!)
She is amazing! It was really fun listening to some of her music. My kids could not believe that I know her and talk to her on facebook. It was fun. :)

5 comments:

  1. You need to tell me when these things are- Sarah would love to go see this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember band concerts...How much fun. She is doing great to be 2nd chair. Good job Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris was always better then I was at music but I can still play a little flute. It's fun to pull it out and surprise the kids :) How CUTE-- and what a GREAT thing to be second chair without extra tutoring-- Way to GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Alexandra on the flute!!! :) She is wise to choose such a great instrument.. not partial here!!! And we must give her props for 2nd chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i missed you! Elizabeth had a doctors appointment today. I do like the gift though, Thank You! Are You going ornament shopping after christmas? I look forward to all the cute things I can get on sale after christmas. I have a hard time waiting till AFTER christmas!

    ReplyDelete