Tuesday, January 1

deliberate motherhood

One of my favorite talks from General Conference was given by Julie B. Beck; "Mothers Who Know." I have read some articles lately that use the term deliberate motherhood. To me, this means taking my job as a mother more seriously. Putting motherhood above my own, personal desires. Balance is key. Recognizing that this truly is the most important job I will ever have. Motherhood does not end. It changes throughout the years; ebbs and flows depending on the needs of my children and family, as a whole.

“The responsibility mothers have today has never required more vigilance. More than at any time in the history of the world, we need mothers who know. Children are being born into a world where they “wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” 

"However, mothers need not fear. When mothers know who they are and who God is and have made covenants with Him, they will have great power and influence for good on their children.” Julie B. Beck, “Mothers Who Know,” Ensign, Nov 2007, 76–78 

I look forward to placing a greater focus on motherhood this year. Enjoying my children and working with my Heavenly Father to help guide them back to Him. I want to be a mother who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment